Amazing Grace

               Amazing Grace
 
               Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
               That saved a wretch like me.
               I once was lost, but now am found,
               Was blind, but now I see.
 
               'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
               And grace my fears relieved.
               How precious did that grace appear
               The hour I first believed.
 
               Through many dangers, toils and snares
               I have already come;
               'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
               And grace will lead me home.
 
               The Lord has promised good to me
               His word my hope secures;
               He will my shield and portion be,
               As long as life endures.
 
               Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
               and mortal life shall cease,
               I shall possess within the veil,
               A life of joy and peace.
 
               When we've been there ten thousand years
               Bright shining as the sun,
               We've no less days to sing God's praise
       Than when we've first begun.

1 comment:

mike said...

there's a different version by Chris Tomlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXV6HJxUebg